The summer boating season is here and what’s better for boating than California? With fair weather and boating that’s never interrupted by storms, the southern Californian coast is an ideal spot for seasonal boaters. The climate, harbors, cities, and welcoming sights along the coast are all top-notch. No matter what harbor you dock your boat at, there’s always something interesting to look forward to.
With the current COVID-19 situation, most of our summer’s plans have come to a halt. For seasonal boaters, it’s even more disappointing. We get a few months in the whole year to take out our boats and cruise along the coast. However, there is a silver-lining for we get months to prepare for the boating season. And even though the current situation is different, most boats will be out and you can still maintain social distancing while on your boat.
You’re mentally prepared to cruise along the coast, boating, and sailing in the calm blue waters, and enjoying the perfect weather. It’s now time to get your boat ready for the boating season. In this article, we give you a comprehensive overview of all you need to consider for this boating season.
Getting Ready for Boating Season
The advantage with seasonal boaters is that we get time to upgrade and improve our boats in the foul seasons. You can get your boat’s equipment fixed, replace some equipment, and generally get everything ready for the summers.
However, when the boating season comes, there are some basics you need to check off your list, so your boat is in the optimal condition:
The first thing on your checklist should be a vessel safety check. No matter how good your boat’s condition might have been last summer, you need to make sure there are no hidden leaks or damages. You can get the safety check for free by the Coastguard, so make sure you utilize that option. Also, don’t leave the safety check until the last minute. You wouldn’t want any unfortunate hazards to postpone your boating plans.
Stock up on Gadgets
Another important step is to stock on gadgets you’ve wanted to buy for your boat, like a waterproof camera or galley utensils. The gadgets don’t necessarily have to be anything specialized, stocking up on your floaties is also important.
Think about everything you require on your boat, make a list, and shop for the stuff you don’t already have. Also, if your boat doesn’t have sufficient storage options, now would be a good time to install them.
The float plan is another tool provided by the coast guard. It’s a thorough document that contains information about your boat, the passengers, and a rough itinerary. The float plan will help your friends and family on-shore know your whereabouts. Even if you don’t have a proper, planned itinerary, it’s good you submit the float plan, for it can help in unfortunate circumstances.
Make a Bucket List
A bucket list may seem like a childish option, but it will make sure you have a memorable trip. It doesn’t have to be specific, just a rough idea of what you’d like to do in the summers would be enough.
Lastly, don’t forget to buy some sunglasses for your days out in the sun.
How to Get Your Boating License Renewed Using Sticker Quicker?
Once your planning for the boating season is done, it’s time to get some official work sorted. Before you get into the water, you need to get your boating registration renewed. Currently, most DMVs all over the state have opened up, and they are offering virtual assistance for license renewing. However, most of these systems are inefficient.
With Sticker Quicker, you can very easily get your boating registration renewed. No matter where you’re located, a few steps will get your boating registration delivered at your doorstep.
Follow the steps to renew your boat’s registration papers:
- Open the Sticker Quicker website and go to registration renewals.
- In the instant vessel registration renewal, fill out your CF number without the “CF” letters add the last three digits of your HIN (hull identification number) number, and enter your email.
- Once done, click on ‘renew now’ to process your e-application.
- You’ll get an instant e-copy of your registration, which can be downloaded to your phone for safe-keeping.
- Besides the e-copy of registration, you’ll be provided with a tracking number for your boat stickers shipment.
- Within 24-hours, your renewed boat license will be delivered to your location.
Once you have your boating license, you’re ready to go cruising along the west coast.
Best Boating Spots in Southern California
Southern California is a haven for boaters. With calm blue waters and scenic cities and harbors, you’re sure to have an amazing time. In case you’re having a hard time choosing the perfect spot, here are a few suggestions.
- Marina Del Rey is LA’s boating epicenter, with over 6000 slips; this place has space for everyone. There is a scenic harbor with an amazing shopping center and multiple food places.
- Newport Beach is a three-mile stretch in Orange County. It has beautiful vistas and delicious dining options along the shore. Should you be interested in some water sports, visit the Wedge where you’ll find the perfect surfing waves.
- Oceanside is an extremely popular location for water sports enthusiasts, fishers, and boaters. You’ll also find the Oceanside Pier here, one of the largest piers in the US. You can go cruising and fishing off the coast here or engage in some water sports.
No matter which location you choose, you’re sure to have a fun time. There are multiple entertainment activities and scenic locations you can choose from. Get your boating registration renewed from Sticker Quicker quick and go cruising.