With so much happening in the auto industry, we are here to keep you updated. Today, we are going to tell you why California wants to ban the chemical that gives classic chrome plated cars their special shine. Here’s why:
- Although chrome has been used for years to give classic cars their shine, its place in the car industry is now being questioned.
- According to researchers, the airborne emissions from the plating process itself propose a threat to surrounding communities.
- To deter the chrome process from worsening the air, the California Air Resources Board proposed a ban on chrome-6 in decorative plating.
- If the rule is approved, the state Legislature will put millions of dollars of funding to support the transition away from chrome plating.
- The debate as to whether or not the state will enact a ban is still going, yet as of now, chrome is here to stay.
Stay updated and read more with this link: https://www.latimes.com/environment/story/2023-01-26/california-proposes-banning-use-of-toxic-chrome