With the media primarily covering the negative impacts of the California flooding, many people are unaware of the fact that the recent storms have had incredibly positive effects too.
Learn how the California floods are regenerating the environment and benefitting residents. Read below!
- Although there are negative impacts, such as extensive water damage to homes, the storms in California also present positive effects for both humans and the environment.
- Positive impacts of the floods include improved habitat for fish and wildlife, the depositing of sediments that catalyze agricultural productivity, and higher water quality caused by the flushing out of contaminants.
- Flooding in certain areas also increases water supplies and can serve as a tool to regenerate groundwater basins.
- The floods have pushed government employees to push for updated land use policies and the implementation of new flood infrastructures like levees and flood control technologies.
- If you are struggling to financially manage flood prevention and damages, you can utilize programs that provide financial assistance. The only thing you need to do is to apply for a Preliminary Damage assessment to see if you qualify.
For more updates on California weather, follow up with this link: https://lao.ca.gov/publications/report/3571#Flood_Recovery_Programs